How to cure a hangover
You partied hard and now it’s the time to pay the price. Although there is no known cure for a hangover, here are some tips how to ease it off.
On the night out
- Be proactive, take precautions before you even start drinking.
- Never drink on an empty stomach: eat a dinner, a snack or a piece of buttered toast.
- Stay hydrated: alternate each drink with a glass of water.
- Eat after the night out: go out for a really early breakfast, or have a snack before going to bed.
- Take an Advil before going to sleep.
In the morning
- Take Alka Seltzer: it has everything your needs right now, from stomach antacid to a headache pain reliever.
- Drink Gatorade, the sports drink that athletes use to keep hydrated and to replenish electrolytes.
- Sleep it off.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have a greasy breakfast, because it really works! Food neutralizes alcohol left in the stomach, and provides energy to recover.
Most importantly, next time you go out drinking, know your limit and stay within it. Remember how you promised yourself to never get drunk again, and stick to that promise!