Homemade Granola recipe
Making homemade granola is easier than one could have ever imagined! Save money and use the ingredients you like with this easy oatmeal granola recipe. Also, making your own granola allows you to control the amounts of sugar and fats, and other ingredients that go into it.
- Old fashioned rolled oats (it is important to use old-fashioned oats, as quick oats will not work for this recipe).
- Coconut oil (or any other oil)Did you know that you can serve granola with yogurt instead of milk?
- Sunflower seeds, toasted
- Dried cranberries
You will need 1 part of wet ingredients to 6 parts of dry ingredients. For example, if using 6 cups of oats use about ½ cup of oil.
- Melt coconut oil in a microwave. Add honey to taste, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, vanilla. Mix well.
- Measure dried oats and place in a deep cooking pan.
- Pour wet ingredients (oil) over the oats, and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes, until well toasted. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. While still hot, mix in dried fruit, nuts, and seeds.
- Let cool and store in an air sealed container.
I have to admit, I am not a fan of oatmeal, but toasting the oats makes a huge difference. It brings out the nutty flavor of the oats. Use it as your morning cereal, or sprinkle on salads, or just use as a snack.