To Botox or not to Botox?
Botox is a popular cosmetic procedure that involves injecting a botulin into the skin. This procedure has grown in popularity over the last few years, but it certainly is not right for everyone. Before a person decides to get Botox, he must weigh the pros and the cons. Below are five pros and cons of Botox:
- Great alternative to traditional cosmetic procedures- Botox is a lot less risky and the recovery time is shorter.
- Can treat other health problems such as migraines.
- Very effective: People will notice the effects of Botox immediately.
- Can improve self-esteem: People who look better will also feel better about themselves.
- A person can leave the clinic as soon as the procedure is finished.
- The results are not permanent: Botox only lasts for three to six months. This means that a person will have to get periodic treatments to maintain the results.
- There are potential side effects: Botox is considered safe, but skin irritations, allergic reactions and other adverse effects have been reported.
- Expensive: The cost of Botox can vary depending on the areas being treated. It is usually not covered by health insurance plans.
- A person can become immune to Botox. This means that the dosage will have to be increased in order to achieve the same effect.
- It is only approved for patients who are under the age of 65 (in both Canada and the United States).
So, before you go racing off to get some Botox injections, consider the points raised above, and always consult with your doctor beforehand!